Sunday, May 1, 2011

How Creativity, Influence, Ownership, and Art Coincide with the Digital Age

"There is nothing in cyberspace and the screened technologies of the virtual that has not been already performed in the stage." - Matthew Causey

I feel like digital media has to have creativity, influence, ownership, and art. If it didn't, using the internet wouldn't be interesting. No one would want to get on the internet and read about anything because everything would look the same. Art and creativity are the two things that make digital media so intriguing. Using pictures and videos while presenting important information, draws the reader in and makes them want to read more. I know that when I see pictures especially, I will definitely read more.

Influence and ownership go hand in hand with digital media because if the author can convince the reader that what they are reading is important and interesting, they will have done what they set out to do, which is reach out to the people.

I remember reading this really long documentary on the internet in high school and it had absolutely no illustrations. It was all words and lines. Black and white, no color. Ask me if I wanted to read that. NO!!! It was really boring and did not connect with me, the reader, at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment